The FOCUS-1 from FOCUS-ON is the first fully integrated multi-parameter flow control and measurement device in the process industry. Thanks to the innovative integration of the ultrasonic transducers into its control valve body, it can accurately measure the volumetric flow of liquids.
- All the features of the device can be accessed by a ‘One Touch Button’, which activates a Wi-Fi router with just one click.
- An innovative flow control device made from the robust components that you are familiar from SAMSON and KROHNE
- Flexible in connecting to the current plants (4/20 mA), but also provides additional communication routes to ensure that it fits into the plants of the future
- Sensitively integrated thin-film Pressure and Temperature Sensors on inlet and outlet
- Novel multi-reflection ultrasonic transducers for accurate flow measurements (on the inlet) that enables disruptive control possibility
- Modular 4 in 1 design driving more savings in terms of reduced number of flanges and shorter inlet- and outlet- pipe run.
- Smart design for clean cable management: The cables connecting the sensors to the electronic housing are tucked away in channels machined into the bonnet. The connection to the pneumatic air is also easily accessible.
- The Advantages of Digital Twin Model:
- Full redundancy of all sensors: No matter which sensor fails
- In case of failure, replacement of the Measured Value by the Modelled Value generated out of the Digital Twin
- Significantly increased continuity of the process
- Efficient planned maintenance
Deepen your knowledge
FOCUS-ON is built on the values and DNA of SAMSON and KROHNE. SAMSON, founded in 1907 in Mannheim, Germany, is a specialist in valves for the process industry. KROHNE, founded in 1921 in Duisburg, Germany, is a specialist in process instrumentation.
In 2017, the managing directors of both companies - Dr Andreas Widl and Mr. Stephan Neuburger - signed a contract for an ambitious collaboration. The result: FOCUS-ON
The Best Industry Award is coming up and we are there. Vote for the Focus-1 in the category Valves & Seals!
SAMSON, a valve engineering and process automation specialist, is focusing on products to improve the safety and reliability of process plants as well...