At the beginning of 2020, SAMSON started to equip valves, pneumatic actuators and valve accessories with electronic nameplates. Important features of the electronic nameplates are the serial number, the Data Matrix code and the optional RFID transponder:
- The Data Matrix code encodes a device marking that is unique the world over. It is also saved in the optional RFID transponder.
- The serial number is a device identifier assigned by SAMSON.
SAMSON implemented the electronic nameplate to comply with the requirements stipulated in the new IEC 61406 industrial standard (Automatic Identification of Physical Objects and Information on Physical Objects in IT Systems, Particularly IoT Systems).
How you benefit from electronic nameplates:
- The electronic nameplate will take you to a SAMSON web site listing device-specific data and information.
- All units combined to form the assembled device upon delivery (such as valve, actuator, valve accessories) can be quickly identified.
- The associated product documentation is accessible without an extra search as well.
- The amount of data is not restricted to the nameplate.
- Device data and product documentation are available in digital format. You can access them from anywhere in the world at any time.
- The unique serial number assigned by SAMSON makes it possible to identify the device for product and support inquiries.
- Using electronic nameplates makes your company fit for Industry 4.0 and the IIoT.
- The Data Matrix code is standard in the industry.
- The Data Matrix code is machine readable.
- Use an app installed on your mobile device to scan it and view the encoded information. Go to your app store for iOS or Android devices to download a suitable tool.
- You can view the saved device data directly on your mobile device.
- The RFID transponder can be read using a smartphone, tablet computer or HF reader.
- It contains all information from the electronic nameplate.
- Reading the RFID transponder is convenient, even if the nameplate is poorly accessible or dirty.
- The RFID transponder is suitable for use in Ex zone 1.