- Plant has failures, unrepetitive, each time a different failure occurs in a different location.
- Increase visibility of plant. Failures occur in overlooked and ignored parts of plant.
How Product helped
- Software created a warning before failure for abnormal behavior.
- After respective inspection, a gas leakage was found at the plumbing equipment. Measures were taken to replace all plumbing equipment.
- The redundant transmitter didn’t appear in the PI Book diagrams, nor in the TDC or neither on site!
- The transmitter that regulates the pumping pressure of the compressor was replaced with a new one.
- SAM GUARD’s alerts prevented the failure of the compressor of the system that is in charge of the air pressure of the valves of the entire plant. Had the compressor failed, the entire plant would shutdown.
- According to customer’s testimonial, SAM GUARD substantially increased the durability of the plant.
- $ 734,000 of damage prevented (1 day shutdown - 240,000 tons of ethylene per year/350 days of production x $ 1070 per ton)