- Indicators showed tags of position of valve 90 %.
- Reformer tube temperature dropped to 750 °C slowly from 785 °C (Low alarm set point was at 650 °C).
- Reformer draft opening dropped to 42 % from 98 %.
How product helped
- SAM GUARD® began to show signs 100 °C prior to set point.
- Thanks to the early alerts, combining all indicators together along with other relations in the plant, measures were taken to avoid equipment failure and major emergency shutdown.
- SAM GUARD® provided an accurate alert that prevented a major failure of the pump.
- By fixing a small problem ahead of time, a greater problem causing shutdown and lost production was eliminated.